Florida Certified Adjuster (CA) Course FAQ
Online Course FAQ Page for Florida Certified Adjuster
1. What is the time limit on completing this course?
You have an indefinite amount of time to complete this course. Therefore, it will be available to you in your online classroom until it is complete.
2. What do I need to get on the quizzes to pass? How many times can I take the lessons and quizzes?
You must receive a 70% on each quiz to pass and move forward with the course. You can take each lesson and quiz as many times as you would like. It will not affect your overall grade or hinder your completion of the course in any way. The score given next to each module is the score you received on the final quiz within that module.
There is also an optional practice exam before the final exam. There is no minimum score requirement. You can take it as many times as you would like to prepare for your final exam.
3. I went through a portion of the module and had to log off. After logging back in, it is not allowing me to resume from where I left off. Why do I have to start from the beginning?
We are constantly improving our courses and individual modules. If we upload a new module before you have completed that module, you must start that module from the beginning. This way, you have the most current version of the information.
4. What happens when I submit feedback?
We are constantly improving our courses and appreciate hearing from students on what works well for them, and where we might do better. When you submit feedback, it goes to our customer support team who carefully reviews each comment. To help our team be as efficient as possible, we ask all students to add the title of the slide they are on when submitting their feedback. This helps us be able to identify exactly where you are within a module when you submit feedback.
5. Do I need to take the State Exam once I have completed the course?
By successfully passing the course, you are exempt from having to take the state exam. The course includes a comprehensive final exam that you must pass with a 70%. If you don't pass on your first try, don't fret: you are allowed to take the final exam multiple times at no additional cost. Once you complete the course you can apply to the State of Florida for your license.
6. Do I need to go to a testing center to take the Final Exam?
You do not need to go to a testing center to take the final exam. The exam is located and taken within your online classroom. You will be presented with further instructions on how to take the final exam toward the end of the course.
7. Why do I need to submit my personal information after the exam?
The State of Florida requires that we gather this information from you in order to successfully submit your course completion information to them once you finish.
8. How many questions is the Final Exam? What is the passing grade?
The Final Exam is 100 Questions. You must receive a 70% (70 out of 100 questions) to successfully pass. If you don't pass on your first try, don't fret: you are allowed to take the final exam multiple times at no additional cost. Once you complete the course you can apply to the State of Florida for your license.
9. What is a “Monitor”?
A monitor is a person who must be present during your exam to ensure you complete it without the help of outside individuals or materials. The monitor must be:
- 18 years of age or older;
- Anyone except an immediate family member or a subordinate at your workplace;
- Willing to attest that you have completed the exam by yourself, without help from outside individuals or materials.
10. What is the “Affidavit of Witness”?
The “Affidavit of Witness” is a module completed by the monitor verifying that you attempted the exam without help from outside individuals or materials. This module must be completed before you will be able to receive your certificate of completion for the course.
11. What is the next step to receive my 6-20 License once I’ve completed the course?
Please follow the application process steps outlined here.
12. I have completed the course, but my certificate is not showing up in my achievements tab. Why not?
Be sure to complete all of your course modules so that your course shows as 100% complete. Once your course is 100% complete, it will move to your course library, and your certificate of completion will be available within the achievements tab.
13. Can I use a tablet?
Our course can be accessed via username and password from any PC or Mac with a high-speed internet connection. The course is generally mobile-compatible, however, we cannot guarantee compatibility with every mobile platform type and cannot offer tech support for mobile devices at this time.