Florida Independent Adjuster License: Step-by-Step
Simply put, to obtain your Florida Independent Adjuster license, you need to complete the following steps:
- Complete the approved, 40-hour Florida Certified Adjuster course through AdjusterPro
- Apply for the license and pay the licensing fee* (the Florida application will work best on a PC using Internet Explorer)
- Complete the steps for fingerprinting
*New as of January 2016: AdjusterPro will submit your course completion information to the state of Florida, so don't worry about sending in your course completion documents. Simply follow the steps for fingerprinting and apply for your license!
Taking our Certified Adjuster Designation course to become a Public Adjuster instead? No problem! Please take a look at detailed licensing instructions for the 31-20 Resident Public Adjuster Apprentice license here.
Have you completed the above requirements and are curious about whether your license has issued?
- Take a look here to find out
- Once all of the above steps have been satisfied, the Florida Department of Financial Services will send your approval by email and you may then go to your MyProfile account to print your license
Wondering what's next now that you're licensed? We've got the resources you need!
- Take a look at our collection of career-related support articles
- Enjoy the content of the AdjusterPro Blog
- Join our Facebook Alumni Group for opportunities to ask questions and network with other adjusters
Once your license is issued and you need to maintain it, we've got what you need!
- Resident adjusters are required to complete 24 hours of continuing education (CE) every two years. The 24 hours must consist of 5 hours of Law and Ethics Update.
- There is no license renewal required for Florida adjusters provided the licensee is properly appointed when applicable. Failure to complete continuing education requirements may result in cancellation of an appointment that could lead to termination of the license. License will also expire if more than 48 months elapse without an appointment.
- Login to MyProfile to update your appointment.
- Check out our complete Florida adjuster Continuing Education packages
Got questions that still need answering? Please contact us so we can assist.