Florida 4-40 License: Step-by-Step
Simply put, to obtain your Florida 4-40 CIR license, you need to complete the following steps:
- Complete the approved CIR Designation Course through AdjusterPro
- Apply for the license and pay the licensing fee* (the Florida application will work best on a PC using Internet Explorer)
- Complete the steps for fingerprinting
*New as of January 2016: AdjusterPro will submit your course completion information to the state of Florida, so don't worry about sending in your course completion documents. Simply follow the steps for fingerprinting and apply for your license!
Have you completed the above requirements and are curious about whether your license has issued?
- Take a look here to find out
- Once all of the above steps have been satisfied, the Florida Department of Financial Services will send your approval by email and you may then go to your MyProfile account to print your license
Once your license is issued and you need to maintain it, we've got the information you need!
- 4-40 Licensees are required to complete 5 hours of Law and Ethics update (5-220) and 5 hours of Elective credits (see detailed Continuing Education requirements by license type here)
- Search for approved Continuing Education courses here
- Check your Continuing Education status in your MyProfile account
Got questions that still need answering? Please contact us so we can assist.